Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Another Great Freebie

Today's freebie is from Wise Guys.  They specialize in grades 3-5.  Check out their store at TpT!  Here's the description of their product: Guided Reading Tips, Hints, Strategies, Activities, and Ideas FREE!
Guided Reading Tips, Hints, Strategies, Activities, and Ideas FREE!
Common Core Reading Standards: 1,2,3,4,6

This document will provide you with tips, hints, strategies, activities and ideas of how to teach guided reading in your classroom. Topics covered are: assessment, reading inventories and testing, before reading strategies (KWL, word study, vocabulary), during reading strategies (comprehension, fluency, predicting, summarizing, connecting, visualizing, clarifying..), after reading strategies (literacy centers and activities) and how to motivate your students to enjoy reading.

There are also links to activities that I directly use in my classroom to teach guided reading. I have watched my students state test scores and district assessment reading scores soar after implementing guided reading and the activities that I use! I hope you can experience some of that success too
Photobucket
Share:

1 comment

  1. Congrats! I just hit 100 - my giveaway ends tonight at midnight! My favorite thing in your TPT is the Pirate Pete's Treasure pack.
    Miss B, Busy Bee

    ReplyDelete

© One Room Schoolhouse | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig