Saturday, February 11, 2012

Fraction Paintings

We are still working on fractions.  As a fun "test" the students painted a fraction flower arrangement.  First, each student rolled a die to determine what their denominator was.  They sketched out a vase and drew the correct number of flowers in the vase.  They rolled the die again until they rolled a smaller number than their denominator.  That number became their numerator.  They painted that number of flowers any color they chose.  Then they painted the remainder of their flowers and added details to their vase.  They titled their painting using a fraction of a color.





Photobucket
Share:

2 comments

  1. You WON my giveaway over at A Teachers Bag of Tricks. Send me an email at ateachersbag@gmail.com letting me know a little about your class, what you teach, if you have a particular unit coming up that you want activities for, etc. Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun idea!

    I just found your blog and am your newest follower! I would love for you to visit me when you get the chance! =)

    Heather
    Heather's Heart

    ReplyDelete

© One Room Schoolhouse | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig