Friday, March 2, 2012

Dr. Seuss Week in Review

I hope everyone has had a wonderful time celebrating the wonderful world of Dr. Seuss.  We have had so much fun this week.  I wish I had time to take pictures of everything that we did.

Monday: We read There's a Wocket in my Pocket and created our own creatures in pockets.  I got the idea from here.  In S.S. we read a biography on Dr. Seuss.  You can get it here.

Tuesday: In math, we made a goldfish graph.  (It is included in the packet with the Dr. Seuss bio from above.)  We created our own version of There's a Wocket in my Pocket class book. You can get it here.  In science, we read Bartholomew and the Oobleck and made oobleck.  We did several activities to decide if oobleck is a solid or a liquid.  I got my ideas from here.

Wednesday: We read Green Eggs and Ham and made a list of all 50 words that are used in the book.  (A recording sheet is included in the Dr. Seuss bio unit.)  In science we read The Lorax and discussed air pollution and how it effects the environment.

Thursday: We made our own class book based on Green Eggs and Ham.  You can get it here.  We also made cute Cat in the Hat pop-ups.  You can get it here.

Friday:  We read The Cat in the Hat and sequenced the book.  I got my idea from here.  We also played Dr. Seuss reading snatch games.  You can get it here.  In math we played Tree Snatch games adding 3 numbers.  You can get it here or here.

It was also dress up as your favorite storybook character.  I decided to dress up even though a student has a fear of people in costumes.  We have been working for months trying to help her get over her fear.  (Last year, she ran out of the classroom when she saw me dressed up!)  This year, she looked at me and said, "Creepy!" and that was that.  After about an hour looking at me, she asked to try on my cat nose and seemed just fine with the costumes.  She's made a lot of progress with it!

Photobucket
Share:

1 comment

  1. You have an amazing blog! I love checking it out every time you have a new post! Stop by my blog and see the One Lovely Blog Award I gave you:)

    We are ALL Special!

    ReplyDelete

© One Room Schoolhouse | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig